Relational Security Corporation d/b/a Rsam (“Rsam”) recognizes that its customers, visitors, users, and others (collectively or individually “Users”) who use www.rsam.com (the “Website”) and the Rsam Customer Community platform (the “Customer Community”, collectively with the Website, the “Rsam Services”) value their privacy. This Privacy Notice details important information regarding the use and disclosure of User information collected on the Rsam Services. Rsam provides this Privacy Notice to help you make an informed decision about whether to utilize or continue utilizing the Rsam Services.
This Privacy Notice, your use of Rsam Services, and any personal information you provide is incorporated into and is subject to the Rsam Terms of Service as well as the Rsam Community Forums Terms of Service and Rules.
Rsam Collects The Following Information:
- User Provided Information: You provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your name, phone number, physical address, and email address) to Rsam when choosing to participate in various activities on Rsam Services such as posting messages in our forums, requesting downloads of whitepapers, requesting demonstrations or pricing information or subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists.
Analytics, Cookies and Other Web Site Technologies
Rsam is continuously improving our websites and products through the use of various third party web analytics tools, which help us understand how visitors use our websites, desktop tools, and mobile applications, what they like and dislike, and where they may have problems. While we maintain ownership of this data, we do not share this type of data about individual users with third parties.
Geolocation and Other Data:
- We may utilize precise geolocation data but only if you specifically opt-in to collection of that data in connection with a particular service. We also use information such as IP addresses to determine the general geographic locations areas of our visitors. The web beacons used in conjunction with these web analytics tools may gather data such as what browser or operating system a person uses, as well as, domain names, MIME types, and what content, products and services are reviewed or downloaded when visiting or registering for services at one of our websites or using one of our mobile applications.
- We use Google Analytics as described in “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.” You can prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics on websites by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on here. We also employ IP address masking, a technique used to truncate IP addresses collected by Google Analytics and store them in an abbreviated form to prevent them from being traced back to individual users.
Examples of Cookies We Use:
|Session Cookies||We use these cookies to operate our websites.||Some cookies are essential for the operation of Rsam websites. If a user chooses to disable these cookies, the user will not be able to access all of the content and features.|
|Security Cookies||These cookies are used for general security purposes and user authentication.||We use security cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of login credentials, and protect user data from access by unauthorized parties.|
Rsam Uses Information In The Following Way:
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the Rsam Services, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Rsam Services.
- Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online via the Community Forums becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you upload comments or send messages through the Community Forums and other Users can contact you through messages and comments.
- We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major changes to the Rsam Services or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Rsam Services and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
- Rsam will retain your information in order to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Rsam Only Discloses Information When:
- We provide personally identifiable information and non-personally-identifiable information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, or other businesses or persons for the purpose of processing such information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information in compliance with our Privacy Notice, and we use reasonable efforts to limit their use of such information and to use other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We do not share your personally identifiable information (such as name or email address) with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. Third party service providers have access to personal information only as needed to perform their functions and they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice. If we transfer any of your personal information to a third party acting as an agent, we will be responsible for any acts of those third party agents that are inconsistent with this Privacy Notice, unless otherwise provided by law.
- We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Rsam Services.
- We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant. We may also disclose personally identifiable information as part of a merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company where customer information will be one of the transferred assets. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
- Rsam also reserves the right to disclose personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information that Rsam believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce our Terms of Service or Rsam Community Forums Terms of Service and Rules, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend itself against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, to protect the security or integrity of the Rsam Services, and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Rsam, our Users or others.
- We may also disclose your personal information to any third party with your prior consent.
Legal Basis for Processing (EEA Individuals Only): If you are from the European Economic Area (“EEA”), our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
- However, we will normally collect personal information from you where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform the Rsam Services, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect the personal information in question.
- If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to provide you with the Rsam Services, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
- Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our or a third party’s legitimate interests and those interests are not already listed above, we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
- If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us.
You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Rsam Services, in which case Rsam may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may update or correct your personal profile information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account profile page. Please note that media files uploaded by Users to Rsam Services cannot be removed and remain subject to our Terms of Service or Rsam Community Forums Terms of Service and Rules.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Please contact Rsam with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, your personal information, your consent, or your opt-in or opt-out choices by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing Your Data
Our users can always review, update or change personal information that you provide to Rsam. Rsam will also, when you request, provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. Please contact us here if you need assistance in reviewing your information. Rsam will respond to your access request to review the information we have on file for you within a reasonable time.
If you are from certain territories (such as the European Union), you may have additional rights under their data protection laws, such as the following:
- Access: Right to request access to and a copy of your personal information;
- Restriction: You can ask us to restrict processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
- Rectification: You can have any inaccuracies in your personal information corrected;
- Deletion: You can ask us to delete your personal information in certain circumstances (e.g. if the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected);
- Objection: You can object to further processing your personal information in certain circumstances;
- Withdrawal of consent: Where we rely on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to decline consent and/or if provided, to withdraw it at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
- Portability: You can ask us to provide your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format in certain circumstances.
You can exercise the above rights by contacting us and we will consider such requests in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity before we respond to your request.
You may also have the right to raise questions or complaints with your data protection authority at any time.
We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide the Rsam Services, and when we do, these transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by appropriate transfer agreements. We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our users as needed to provide the Rsam Services. Also, we will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Rsam is headquartered in the United States of America. Information that we collect and maintain may be transferred to, or controlled and processed in, the United States and/or other countries around the world. When you provide us with information, or use our website(s) and services, you consent to this transfer. We will protect the privacy and security of personal information we collect in accordance with this Privacy Notice, regardless of where it is processed or stored.
California Privacy Rights
California law provides that California residents have a right to request that businesses tell them how their personally identifiable information has been shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Rsam does not share personally identifiable information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
Rsam’s Commitment To Security of Data:
Rsam uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Rsam and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Rsam makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If Rsam learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Rsam may post a notice on Rsam Services if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us by emailing email@example.com.
A Note About Minors:
This Website is a business and commercial site. As such, it is not intended for children or minors. In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, no one under 13 years of age can use the Website. If you are a minor between the ages of 13 and 18, you may use the Website only in conjunction with your parent, legal guardian, or other responsible adult.
Alterations and Updates to this Privacy Notice:
This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically and this will be reflected by the “effective date” below. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. In general, we only use your personal information in the manner described in the Privacy Notice in effect when we received the personal information you provided. Your continued use of the Rsam Services constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any future revisions.
For revisions to this Privacy Notice that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of the personal information you have already provided to us, we will attempt to obtain your consent before implementing such revisions with respect to such information.
Date Last Modified:
This Privacy Notice was last modified May 25, 2018.
Please contact Rsam with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.