We are seeking a talented Senior Engineering Manager with many years of experience developing scalable enterprise web products that are sold to customers worldwide.
Sr. Engineering Manager will manage one of the Dev teams, and all the projects, features and releases owned by this team. This position will report to the SVP of Engineering.
Broadly, you will be responsible for the following areas –
- People Management: You will need to be a leader and manage the development and career goals, provide feedback, do performance reviews and promotions, and manage conflicts and underperformance for all the developers in your team.
- Product: You will build deep functional knowledge of the product, be hands on in using and testing the features being developed on a day-to-day basis. You will be expected to be a functional expert, and directly contribute functional value-add as part of requirement analysis, design, development and QA.
- Technology You will bring your in-depth experience in the enterprise web stack and either .Net stack or Java stack to contribute to the architecture, design and work with the team to design and code a world class product. You will be expected to bring your experience of applying emerging trends and best practices of object-oriented design, UI/UX and coding to all development projects. You will be expected to build in the team the passion for building world class products, with a penchant for elegant and high-performance designs.
- Project Management: You will work with other Dev and QA managers and teams to coordinate and direct projects and releases, making detailed project plans, resource allocations to meet goals, within deadlines. You will either use existing processes or innovate new processes to efficiently and effectively complete releases on time.
- Customer Support: You and your team will be involved in the production support process and resolution of issues reported by customers. You will work with the Customer Support team and other Dev and QA Managers to coordinate resources and tickets to ensure the highest level of responsiveness to customers and deliver fixes that meet support SLAs.
- Administration You will be expected to perform a variety of administrative functions including reporting, approving of expenses, leave management and be a key part of the management team that oversees the administration of the office, IT and other infrastructure.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is required.
- 13+ years of total experience in the technology industry
out of which at least 5 years of experience managing significant sized development teams to build products. Experience managing deliveries of one or more client projects in Service companies is not the best fit for this position.
- People management skills, with prior experience in motivating and managing high performers and dealing with any performance issues.
- 7+ years of experience developing and managing end to end enterprise web applications
- Prior to being a manager, must have been a developer doing real code development for web applications.
- Deep knowledge of fundamentals of computer science like data structures, algorithms, scalability, and ability to apply that knowledge to real world problems.
- Must have experience with products with scalable web architectures with high data volumes and high performance.
- A very strong “sense” of Product Design and strong technical design skills.
- Experience managing teams that delivered complex web products with innovative technology.
- Must have strong experience and track record of process innovation, process enforcement and data-driven process management.
- Experience working on production support processes and customer support situations.
- Must have many years of experience working directly with teams in the US. Experience working in the US is an advantage.
- Good written and oral communication skills, and excellent presentation skills.
- At least a few years of experience in pure product development companies is a must. Recent experience most preferred.
- At least a few years of recent experience working in companies with less than 200 employees is a must.
- A technology geek at heart
- A go-getter, willing to do whatever it takes to meet the goals
- Self motivated
- Naturally analytical and a problem solver
- Capable of stress management of self and team
- Flexible, adaptable and ready to deal with uncertain and ambiguous situations
- Well organized, with a strong tendency towards data driven management
- Energetic and fast learner