The National Institute of Standards and Technology’s Cybersecurity Framework (NIST CSF) is giving CISOs a foundation for communicating more clearly with the board about security issues, says Vivek Shivananda of Rsam.
Shivananda discusses the challenges and opportunities CISOs face today. While cybersecurity concerns give them a ‘seat at the table,’ it requires them to have answers to these critical questions:
- How are we doing against the cybersecurity framework?
- If there is a breach or an attack, are we ready to respond?
In a video interview at Information Security Media Group’s recent New York City Fraud and Breach Prevention Summit, Shivananda:
- Discusses using the framework at a guideline for action;
- Describes how the pending updated version of the framework offers guidance on vendor risk management;
- Tells how Rsam is helping organizations embrace the framework and improve breach preparedness.